Reading is the meditation you need
Book lovers would know, reading contributes to life in so many ways. It gives you pleasure, knowledge and becomes a true friend of yours. Reading is a priceless activity since the beginning of education but it has been declined of late because of the growth of technology.
In modern-day life, people are so busy that they get suffocated with the pressure and crave some mental peace. Here we are telling you what is the best meditation for your mind to keep it at peace.
Reading is the meditation you need for peace. And we can give you plenty of reasons why you should read. But now only we are listing top ten reason .. check it out!
- Cause Knowledge Is Power: The strongest and reasons why we read books is to gain knowledge. Books are a rich source of information. Reading books on various subjects increases your information bank. Whenever you read a book, you learn a new information that otherwise would not have known.
- Improvement in your thought process : Studies have shown that reading has strong positive effects on the brain. By staying mentally stimulated, you can prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. This is because keeping your brain active prevents it from losing power. The brain is a muscle and like other muscles in the body, exercise keeps it strong and healthy. Similar to solving puzzles, reading books is a great way to exercise your brain and keep it healthy.
- A solution to your stress: Reading has a positive effect on your stress as well. Reading a book can relieve stress better than taking a walk or listening to music. According to studies who read more tend to have lower stress levels.
- The ultimate memory enhancer: Every time you read a book, you have a lot to remember until you finish it. The setting of the book, the characters, their backgrounds, their history, their personalities, the sub-plots and so much more. As your brain gradually learns to remember all this, your memory becomes better. What’s more, with every new memory you create, you create new pathways and this strengthens the existing ones.
- Makes you imaginative: The more you read, the more imaginative you become. Whenever you read a fiction book, it takes you another world. In the new world, your imagination works at its best as you try to see things in your own mind.
- Vocabulary teacher: Reading improves your vocabulary and command on the language. As you read, you come across new words, idioms, new words, phrases, and writing styles.
- Betterment of your writing skills: A well-written book makes you a better writer too. Just like artists influence others, so do writers. Many successful authors gained their expertise by reading the works of others. So, if you want to become a better writer, start by learning from previous masters.
- 100% entertainment guaranteed: Compared to any new age forms of entertainment, books are affordable. You will never get a movie ticket for 100 rupees. But, with this money, you can buy yourself a book and be entertained for many hours.
- Personal motivator: Life is full of challenges. As we move through different phases in different, a little motivation can be of great help. Reading inspirational books about life experiences can change our lives. Reading a good book, such an autobiography keeps you encouraged and you also learn tips to help you achieve your personal goals. Basically, you get inspired to become a better husband, wife, daughter, son, mother, father or even employee.
- Built your self-respect: By reading many books, you communicate better and become more informed on various areas of life. All this translates into a higher self-esteem. Since you have confidence in yourself and your ability to deliver, you become more productive and overall a much better person.