The Ramadan season has come to an end and I thought it would be nice to share my recipe of Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani with all of you guys. Here’s my recipe:
<I’ll do away with the ingredients because the quantity differs with taste>
- Marinate chicken in a mixture of curd, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and fry bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, elaichi, chopped green chillies, chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan with a little water. Close the pan with a lid and let the chicken be cooked properly.
- Meanwhile, soak rice (preferably basmati) in water for about 20 minutes.
- Bring water required to cook the rice to a boil and butter/oil, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, elaichi and a pinch of salt. Add the soaked rice and cook until done.
- While the rice is getting ready, check the cooked chicken for salt and spices and once set, fry till oil oozes out.
- Preheat oven at 185 C for 10 minutes.
- Grease the bottom of a bowl and add layers of chicken masala and rice one after the other. (Start with chicken and end with rice so that rice is the topmost layer).
- Cover the bowl with a wet cloth and bake it for 20 minutes.
Tasty and delicious chicken dum biryani is ready to be served with golden-brown fried onions or raitha.
Hope you like this! Please leave a feedback